fot

bit Triumph weekend at Monterey Historic Races!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: bit Triumph weekend at Monterey Historic Races!
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:03:17 -0700
We're back from a weekend of flagging at the Hysterics, and it was
quite a weekend for Triumph. Not only was the Peyote Special there
(saw you on track, never found you in the paddock, but we flaggers
don't really get much time in the paddock anyway), there was also
a special that I didn't recognize in the paddock, other than tht
it has a TR4 engine in it. I came to learn later that it's a
"Morgan SLR +2". It didn't have a lot in common with Morgans
that I could see, since it had coilovers in front and no
ash frame anywhere. But hey, what do I know?

But the real excitement was that ADU 4B was there, in original
Le Mans livery. (Additional gauges on the dash lead me to
believe that the engine compartment has been changed some; never
saw it with the bonnet up.) It went out with all the under 2000cc
sports/GT cars of that era - which includes Lotus 26R and Super 7,
so it was relatively slow. But not the slowest in the group.

And the TR250K was there, though it never made it out on track.

So, a big deal ... since I've never seen a Triumph there at all.

Oh yeah. Some German car manufacturer had a bunch of cars there,
too. (Grin. Two 917/30s on track and the same time, with a handful
of 917/10s and a Ferrari 512M and a half dozen various McLaren ...
yum. My ears are still ringing.)