fot

VTR-99

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR-99
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:49:30 -0500
Advance Planning for VTR National Convention

I have a line on some rooms in Portland, ME. They are $75.00 instead of the
$120.00 at the host hotel.

Additional features include beach front on the ocean, a light house, old
fort. Probably no restaurant, bar, pool or spa. About 2.5 miles from the
host hotel.

This "Inn" is maintained by.....see more detail below from Maine contact:

The $75 rooms are in the Inn that a local technical college runs for its
hospitality program.  I have been told that they are the nicest in the
Portland area (if not the whole state).  The possible "downside" is that
they are ~ 2 1/2 miles from the host hotel, and there's probably no other
amenity that goes with them (bar, restaurant, pool, spa... etc.), but there
is a great beach, a museum, a lighthouse and the remains of an old fort!
Really, all that is required to get the $75 rate is to get 4 of them
booked.  Given the price differential, I don't think that will be too hard
to do, but I think we should move on this as quickly as possible because we
already have all the other "primo" rooms booked for the weekend, and so the
other places will start to fill quickly.

OK guys, which FOT wants to jump in on this with me? Need multiples of
4....don't know how many multiples there are available.

I am also pursuing additional information, such a the best ferry to Nova
Scotia. I know that there are others who are planning to extend their
travels to include some additional touring....Bill Burroughs/Irv Korey, etc.

(Currently, we plan to leave following BRIC, tour the North East and then
land in Portland for the last 2 or 3 days of the VTR)

Regards,

Joe