fot

Re: Mechanical Advance

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mechanical Advance
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:22:39 -0600 (MDT)
One possible igniton box to consider is the Crane HI-6.  I have one
on Killer, it works pretty well.  It did fail once, but that was an
error on the part of the installer.  The box gives a good spark, and
has a built in rev limiter.  Only goes to 9900 rpm, but if you have a
Triumph motor spinning over 9900 rpm, chances are you've already got the
igniton sorted out.  The Crane box can trigger from points, an optical
distributor, or magnetic sensor.  I may get around to putting a magnetic
trigger on Killer's crank this winter, we shall see.  Last time I checked
the Summit catalog, these were selling for about $150.

mjb.