fot

Re: Steering Wheel

To: JHarkness@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 14:37:14 EST

>  Am now looking for a period-
>looking, Nardi-type steering wheel - three spoke aluminum with a wood rim,
>around 14".    Any suggestions for sources?   Thanks for your help.

John-

Suggestions...always...

Don't do it !

I don't know what the vintage tech people look for, but back in the late '60's
the SCCA folk made everyone remove any wooden wheels. Had something to do with
vampires I think <g>. Seems the corner workers were a bit squeamish about
wanting to remove the pieces of wood from the drivers' anatomy. As usual,
everybody complained, but it probably was a good move.

Think I'll take the "Woody" out for a cruise...
          Nick in Nor Cal