fot

january sale

To: fot@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: january sale
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:35:26 -0500

--------------54FF4B3463E0

this is the january sale.  please remember to identify the sale when you
order.  visa/mc/discover are accepted as are cod's, prepayment by check,
etc. let us know what wecan do to help. IF YOU DON'T SEE IT, PLEASE
ASK.  thank you, ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive

--------------54FF4B3463E0

               FOT NEW YEAR SALE

FOT members.  Last year's New Year sale was popular.
Since the list has added many new members,
I thought we would do it again.  Some of last year's
popular items are repeated.  Many new products are
featured.  Many of the products we sell are our design
and/or manufacture.  Our race background includes SCCA
production and showroom stock, pro showroom stock,
IMSA RS and IMSA GT and even some vintage seat time.
We know what we sell and how to use it!

10% off any item on our web page plus FREE SHIPPING*
(excluding truck freight items) on orders over $200.
If you don't see anything on the webpage, this offer
includes any of the standard parts we sell.  Bearings
rings, gaskets, hydraulic, ignition, even body repair
and carpet.  Our parts catalog is being updated,
but anything you see in TRF, Moss, VicBrit or
Racer Wholesale we sell.

Sale ends February 15, 1999.  You must mention the
sale when ordering or you will not get sale pricing.
Get together with someone else if your order is less
than $200 to qualify for free shipping.  Orders must
be shipped to one address!

ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS for most cars.  These are made for
us.  We have most popular applications.  Flywheels
have a replaceable friction surface insert.  No
expensive "spray welding" is needed to repair friction
surface.  Sale price is $325.  Price will be $350 to
$450, depending on application.

Solid center clutch disc.  Any diameter and any spline
size.  Several friction surfaces - kevlar, organic, full
metallic - and styles. (full circle, paddle, button)
$99.95 (less 10% discount) unless you have a really
"strange" application.

Gear reduction starters - $200 (this is more than 10%
discount) (except Rover/GM V8).  We have the following
applications - Sprite/Midget, Spitfire, TR2/3, laterTR3
to TR4A, GT6, TR250/6, MGB (early & late), big Healey,
4.2 Jaguar ('65 to '87), small & big block Chey, small
& big block Ford, air cooled VW & Porsche, formula Ford,
Mini.  This starter is genuinely superior to the other
units on the market today.  Even Tilton likes it.

Kevlar brake shoes.  This is our "Cold Stop" compound.
No warm-up needed.  Drum friendly!  Good coefficient of
friction (.45 -.47).  Shoes are bonded & riveted unless
you specify bond only.  $40 exchange (regular $50)
(Kevlar pads are same price)

Urethane suspension bushings.  There are many urethane
manufacturer's, both here and overseas.   Quality
ranges all over the scale.  Some urethane is made with
filler to lower materials cost.  Other urethane products
shrink, are inconsistent in shore (durometer) rating and
vary widely in accuracy.  Our urethane is extremely
accurate and consistent in size, dimesion, low shrink
rate and shore rating.  All of our bushings that require
sleeves are furnished with 4130 chromoly sleeves.
Bushings that need to fit through an opening, such as
control arms are made as "hat" sections so there is no
need to use a press for installation.  We pour the best
urethane in the industry.  The biggest urethane supplier in the country
made the comment that "we cannot match your accuracy or
shrink rate".  A real compliment!
Race cars normally use rigid bushings, such as Delrin
or heim joints, to eliminate any suspension compliance.
If you want to use urethane, USE OURS.  If you are using
someone else's, replace them with ours.  You will notice
the difference.  Got questions, give us a call.  We will
be happy to answer your questions. If we can't, our
polymer engineer can.

If you are going to use urethane bushings, WE HAVE THE
BEST!

Flexifinger retriever.  6" long with a rigid body.  Push
the hypodermic style plunger and 4 metal fingers extend
to pick up nuts, screws, washers or whatever fell into
the are you can't reach.  Similar to the 14" flexible
retriever but smaller and rigid for greater accuracy in
tight places. $2.50

ROBIC STOPWATCHES
>From basic lap times to professional timing and scoring,
there is a Robic stopwatch for your needs.  All Robic
stopwatches are Year 2000 compliant

SC505 - Lap, split or event timing
        1/1000 second resolution to 24 hours
        5 memory recall
        Auto-lap counter to 99
        Single action readings
        Time-out (pause) timing
        $20   Black, White, Grey, Red, Yellow

SC507 - Backlight stopwatch for DAY or NIGHT
        Lap, split or single event timing
        1/1000 second resolution to 24 hours
        Auto release to running time
        Battery saving 3 second backlight shutoff
        $23.95  Black, Red, Yellow

SC544 - Speed timer displays lap speeds in MPH/KPH
        7 lap memory of of speed, lap time and number
        Automatic lap counter to 999
        Distance entry is precise to 1/1000 mi/km
        Fastest and average lap times on demand
        Twin chronographs - lap or split timing modes
        7 lap or split memory
        $36.95

SC800 - Lap, split and accumulated running times
        50 dual split memory stopwatch
        Auto-lap counter to 999
        Average lap speed
        Speed timer in MPH/KPH, 50 lap speed memory
        Average lap speed
        Auto-repeat countdown timer
        Time of day, alarm, calendar
        $49.95

SC808 - Backlight illuminates entire display
        200 dual split memory stopwatch
        User selectable running lap or split time
        Automatic lap counter to 999
        Fastest,slowest and average lap times
        Speed timer in MPH/KPH
        200 memeory recall of lap speed, time and number
        Fastest, slowest and average lap speeds & times
        Dual countdown timers, time, alarm and calendar
        $54.95

MechanixWear gloves.  You've seen them used by top
teams in all forms of motorsports. Isn't it time you
treated yourself and your crew?
$20 -  x-small to x-large   (black, red, blue, yellow)

Tool bag.  Our design and manufacture.  Measures
6" x 6" x 18".  Made from 1000 denier DuPont Cordura.
Features include sturdy wrap-around handles for extra
support and dual YKK self-repairing zippers.  Designed
to accept an 18" breaker bar and a full "sleeve" of 1/2"
drive sockets.  Stores anywhere.  Available with TR
shield, TR wreath or crossed checkered flags.
$21.95 (black with white lettering)

Driver's Heel Heat Shield.  Protect your heels from heat
transferred through floor.  This "bootie" attaches to
the heel(s) of your driver's shoes.  Made from 1000
denier cordura.  $34.95 ea (compares to units selling
for as much as $59.95)

Racer's Tape - black, white, blue, red, green, white,
        purple, silver - $2.75/roll
        Black & White checkered racers tape - $5.50

Extreme-Service driveshaft for "big" TR's.  New tube
        with larger u-joints.  For Spitfire/GT6 cars
        we offer a fine spline slider drivesahft to
        eliminate the twisting found in the coarse
        spline stock units.  All driveshafts are made
        with new tube and greasable u-joints.  Any
        length you need.   $175
--------------54FF4B3463E0--