fot

Re: FW: early 70's America Road Race of Champions poster

To: bwarner@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: FW: early 70's America Road Race of Champions poster
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 09:37:00 -0500
At 08:38 PM 1/23/99 -0500, bwarner@mediaone.net wrote:
Bill Warner wrote:
>Richard:  I thought I may have had you beaten.  I ran my Brabham BT-8 at
>Road Atlanta in 1979.   I believe it was the first vintage race there.
>Hard to believe it was 20 years ago, except when I look in the mirror.

Bill:
You da Man! I just went back to my files and douple checked race entries
and my first vintage car race was in 1980.  I had been racing motorcycles
at Road Atlanta since about 1971 and I simply wasn't very careful in
discriminating dates.  Sorry.
However, vintage racing since 1979 has got to put you in some pretty thin
ranks of vintage veterans.  If you are not the Vintage Meister, who is?
Richard Taylor