fot

RE: Exploding flywheels (was GT6 suspension uprights)

To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: Exploding flywheels (was GT6 suspension uprights)
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:38:11 -0600
Ok, now that we're on the topic, when a flywheel comes apart, where does
it generally go?   Does the flywheel shrapnel move outward in the plane
of the flywheel's orientation, as my limited knowledge of physics tells
me it should?  If the flywheel is forward of the driver's feet is the
risk less? or are we worried about chunks of flywheel, bellhousing, etc.
moving in different directions?

Better safe than sorry, of course, but ...

Scott