fot

Re: Harmonic Dampeners and Cranks and TR6

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Harmonic Dampeners and Cranks and TR6
From: "R. KASTNER" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:20:14 -0800
As I remember ther was no difference in materials between the early and late
cranks
but,  the later parts are cross drilled on the rod throws and thus a much better
part.. Nitride hardening the crank will give about a 50% increase in strength.
There is a little system to follow in doing this and if you actually intend to
do
this contact me and I'll fill you in on how I did (for years). If you are not
going
to spin the motor don't bother with the effort.
Kas Kastner