fot

Re: Harmonic Dampeners and Cranks and TR6

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harmonic Dampeners and Cranks and TR6
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:08:23 -0500 (EST)
Hi All...

Great topic.

I have a question though, and I suspect Mr. K can provide some insight.

Early TR6's use a different crank than the later ones, I have no idea
what the cutover engine number was, but I suspect it was CC50000... at
any rate, folks refer to this crank as a "long snout" unit.

The question is, is a long snout crank inherently any better or worse for
one of the mega RPM applications? Or does it matter?

I was told by a TR250 Autoxer named Jeff Janick that long snout cranks
are better, and then subsequently realized that they are also made from
"unobtainium" when I started to look for one. As luck would have it, at
least one of these has become part of my "collection", and I figured it
would be nice to know this info for the inevitable "phase two" motor that
I'll probably be building in the next calendar year or so.

Wow. 8000 RPMs with a TR6 motor. Koool!

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |