fot

Re: Triumph Sabrina

To: "Baxter Culver" <peyote222@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Triumph Sabrina
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 08:57:48 -0400
Actually they (The Roadster Factory) have two TRS's. One is currently
without an engine but otherwise is intact and has been taken to a number of
shows and events as far back as the VTR National at Road Atlanta in 1987
where it did a few laps with Dave Hagenbuch at the wheel. It has been
plagued by the same problems it had when new, that of porosity in the the
head casting. I believe the engine is being review by the folks at Group
44. I am not sure of the intent at this point, but there are modern
metalergical methods of curing the problem. The second car is literally in
pieces and I believe has a spare "Sabrina" engine in addition to the proper
one. Certainly some of the other ventures TRF has become involved in have
had an effect on the speed at which these two well historied pieces are
being maintained/restored. I know TRF has continued to sponsor the
reproduction of additional "NLA" pieces which is very expensive realizing
the tooling costs. Of course also a consideration is the heydays of the
80's in the parts business are over. This is true for all suppliers at a
time when original supplies are drying up of many pieces we took for
granted in the past. TRF has always shown a great desire to maintain the
historic significance over the years and I am sure both TRS's will benefit
over time from this attitude.

Russ Moore