fot

Re: Decals

To: <wdayton@ibm.net>, "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Decals
From: "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 11:39:12 -0400
Greg Petrolati sent me the following:

  Breifly described it is a heraldic coat of arms using the "open
  book" Standard Triumph logo as a shield. The shield is "quartered"
  (divided into 4 squares). The upper left quarter of the shield
  shows a tin oil pitcher with drops oil dripping from it. In the
  lower right is an armored fist clutching a broken lightning bolt
  (Lucas) the other 2 quarters are the original logo. On top of the
  sheild is a modern enclosed face helmet it is topped with a laurel
  wreath (homage to B Leyland). The helmet is draped like a knight's.
  The whole affair is sitting on two crossed flags, the blue with
  white diagonal stripe (faster car behind flag) and the checkered
  flag... the "open book is sitting on it's "rocker" from the
  original logo in the rocker are the words "AMICI TRIUMPHI"

  All is done in proper heraldic technique ("color on metal/metal on
  color")... Very "Olde British"...

  Greg Petrolati