fot

Introduction

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Introduction
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 17:27:49 -0400
FOT'ers,

Singers? Quartets?  Huh?  I thought this was the "serious" list <huge smile>

Hi.  Judging by the names on the messages I've received today, many of you
already know who I am.  For everyone else, I'm "relatively" new to Triumphs,
just a few years into owning my '60 TR3A, but I've been catching up on lost
time as quickly as possible.

My TR was acquired as a substitute for my 1974 Norton Commando (still in the
shed) and 1978 CB750 Honda (sold).  It was always a little dicey riding the
bikes in this suburban New York City, traffic nightmare, so I gave the
motorcycles up when we had our first child.  My wife, recognizing the fact
that I would then be toy-less, pushed me to find a new toy; one with four
wheels.  She wanted an MGB, but we did our homework, saw a lot of cars and
bought a TR3 instead; a decision she now knows was right.  (We looked at
some cars with those new-fangled roll up windows too, but I'm pretty sure
it's just a passing fad.)

Why am I here?  I spent a number of years autocrossing a '72 Chevy Vega and
(no laughing, please) a very competitive in it's class, 1980 Buick Regal
Limited.  I've wanted to get back into AutoX for a while and the TR is the
chosen tool.  I'm within a month (hopefully) of installing an engine to
replace the wheezy one I've been patching for a few years.  This is the
engine I built with advice from many of you, via the regular Triumph list.

I'm looking forward to participating on the FOT list, but I've got one major
concern, I can't sing worth a damn.

Jack Brooks
TS69032L

BTW - The missus (wife, not car) and I will be running in the modified class
at the VTR-99 AutoX.  See you there.