fot

Re: Racing without charging system

To: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>, <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Racing without charging system
From: "ALAN N. TAYLOR" <atenglish@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 01:50:11 -0400
 Race cars of the late sixty's and early seventy's had to have a generator
or alternator , but the rules did not say they had to work.On the TR4 that
I drive for Barry Rosenberg was a correct Lucas generator and when I
checked output there was nothing. I looked inside only to find just a bare
shaft front to rear--no armature. Also cars had to have working horns. This
car still has it's squeeze-bulb horn under the dash. That crafty Jim
Ealy(original builder an racer until early ninety's).

                                                Alan Taylor