fot

Racing without charging system

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Racing without charging system
From: SpiwakD@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 20:29:43 EDT
          Bill Dentinger asked about running an enduro without a charging
system. That would be about two and a half hours of driving. A typical race
weekend has six twenty  -minute sessions plus all those starts on the grid
and in the pits.
          I have been running on battery only for several years and never ran
out of juice. I have never charged my battery during a weekend either.
Battery is normal size. I think you will have lots of battery left, Bill. You
can reduce demand by not using your brakes during the race. That will keep
the lights from coming on.

                                                        Dave