fot

Re: Small, small world

To: John Lehman <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Small, small world
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:12:50 -0400
John Lehman wrote:

> I wish someone would invite Paul Newman to Mid-Ohio.  There's a real TR
> racer (SCCA National champ in a TR6).  Anyone remember what year?  Great
> guy, easy to talk to as long as you're talking about racing.  I'd love to
> see Tulius there, too.
>
> John Lehman

PLN won D Prod, in 1976, in the car I will be bringing to Mid Ohio.  Ran
into him at Daytona (he drives very well in a Spice Chevy now at 76
years young).  I may get him back in the car (now in its' original Group
44 livery) at Lime Rock.   If anyone is interested, I've got a great
photo of Bob Sharp in the TR-6 making a questionable gesture (we're No.
1) for B. Tullius.  An interesting bet between Bob T. and Bob S. was
whoever broke the magic one minute lap at Lime Rock would trewat the
other team to dinner.  Tullius turned a 59.6 and Sharp took both teams
to dinner that evening........and stuck Tullius with the check.   Also,
many may not remember, but John McComb finished 3rd overall at the
Brainerd Trans Am with the car, with only Jerry Hansens Corvette and a 3
liter Carrera ahead of him in 1975.   Not bad for an oly brick with a
tractor engine.   B. Warner