fot

Small, small world

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Small, small world
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:33:36 -0500
Hi all!

Just wanted to pass along some funny information -- last night I was in
downtown Dallas at the Jazz Under the Stars weekly free concert on the
lawn of the Dallas Museum of Art.  The weather was PERFECT and the jazz
was good.  We met some friends there, and they had some other friends of
theirs show up.  After talking to one of them for a while, I found out
he was good friends with Bob Tullius, of Group 44 racing fame!  He
apparently built the 18-wheeler Quaker State rig Bob hauled some of his
cars around with, and had some other participation as well.

He told me about the "Halloween Holocaust" rallye up in the northeast
(anyone out there participate in these?) that was outlawed in 1966 but
finally ended in 1970.  He told me some tales about the less-than-legal
escapades of the upwards-of-100 rallyists...  One of the points of the
rallye was that each car club would man a checkpoint, and have the
rallyists do something at that checkpoint before they could go on.  My
favorite was having to cook breakfast by the next checkpoint -- eggs in
radiators, bacon on manifolds, all sorts of hysterical doings.

He said my questioning made him wonder what Bob was up to, and that he
would try to get in touch with him.  I asked if he thought Bob would
have any problems if I contacted him for some information (if Ted finds
him okay) or to join the list, and he said it shouldn't be a problem,
that Bob enjoyed talking to people.

Talk about a small world!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   :)