fot

Vintage Race Spitfire needed

To: TR3197@AOL.COM, amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV
Subject: Vintage Race Spitfire needed
From: TRBILBO@AOL.COM
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:02:40 EDT
Well gang. The TR race cars I posted last month  sold in about two hours of
posting. Hopefully they will be FOT memebers soon if they follow thru.

BUT...a co worker's Dad bought a formula V (so did the coworker, but his
isn't track ready) and I had them pit with us E Ticket Triumph guys that
attended Buttonwillow in May. Once there his wife was hooked too. But she
loved our TR's so much and enjoyed my son's Spitfire so much that she has
decided that she wants a Vintage Spitfire racer. She is very serious.

So the call goes out. Any reasonable Vintage racers or Vintage race material
left in the southwest? Maybe $2500 to $4500 range. Prefer sound body and cage
and serviceable engine/gearbox. Any rims would be good. But a rebuild is
planned for almost everything else.

Please email me rather than bomb the list and thanks to all for receiving
this general request.

Hope we find her a ride soon as she really has eyes on my son's MkIV and he's
not ready to let it go by a long shot. (MKII or MK II preferred but early MK
IV ok - no 1500's needed .....yet. Right Chuck?).

Hope to hear from you all.

Bill (and Joanne) Burroughs, VTR So West Rep,
E Ticket Triumphs Vintage Race Team, Founder SCTOA
70 TR6, 69 TR250, 73 MkIV, 69 GT6+, 59 TR3A and two 65 TR4A
Vintage Race Cars. Happy Motoring!!
or call us at 310-641-9204 with any local leads...thanks!!