fot

Re: The ultimate deterrent - (semi LBC)

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: The ultimate deterrent - (semi LBC)
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:56:33 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I left out John's original message about spam filtering, but I just
wanted to relate the following...

It's even worse when you figure out that _your computer_ is being used by
these cyber spammers as a relay. The impact of this is that folks like
John and others bomb me with messages because the "from address" happens
to be my main computer... so I not only get "spam", but I get requests
from other "postmasters" to stop orinating these messages (which I assure
you I do not originate!) This is compounded by the fact that I simply
don't have the spare time to completely re-install everything on my
system in order to fix the problem... bummer! I'll figure out a solution
someday.

But hey - we're all addicted to e-mail, so when a bunch of spammers all
get together and spam the _world_ at the same time... we'll all be
a-shakin' from the withdrawal...

Ain't computerZ great?? I hate 'em more than I hate Hondas. But think of
it as a "love-hate" relationship. Hey, maybe I should get a ride as a
Honda race car driver... NOT.

Have a nice day.
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |