fot

Re: "Were Raced"?and Vintage Racing

To: "R. KASTNER" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: "Were Raced"?and Vintage Racing
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:16:26 -0400
At 07:24 AM 9/24/99 -0700, R. KASTNER wrote:
>I think it really amusing on how people think the cars were raced in the late
>50's and 60's. Most of the production cars I have seen aren't even on the
>same page.

My car certainly is illegal for vintage based on other criteria - I'm
not claiming otherwise (the rear disc brakes and roller rockers take
care of that).  Its just that the thing that would get it bumped first
(the flares) were actually in place back then (if the oral history that
came with the car is all true...).

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu