fot

Re: TR compression vs. HP

To: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR compression vs. HP
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:15:26 -0700
Boy I wish was that easy to get horsepower.  No way on that percentage of
increase.  BUT, the one thing about compression increases they are effective
right from the first rpm all the way to the end and thus the increase will
be felt all through the range.  Because of this you can then run a bigger
camshaft (more duration) and still have a reasonable bottom end range.
Depending on the cylinder head milling to get that ratio might be touchy and
THIN deal to say the least. Obviously with too much milling to get the ratio
you then have a problem sealaing the head gasket as the floor of the head
does not have enough material to support the pressure of the fixing bolt
torque. This is especially true with the wet sleeve engine. To much milling
on the wet sleeve engine will generally give you a compression leak to the
water around the two center cylinders on the exhaust valve side. More
available on all this stuff .. Kas