fot

quotation addition

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: quotation addition
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:56:38 +0100
Roger Beasley wrote

> I believe it was John Cleese (or one of the Monty Python group) who said
of
> America and England, "Two great countries separated by a common
language".

Hi Roger - Spike Milligan (one of the goons) also said  "English is a great
language which has been badly translated by the Welsh, the Scots and the
Irish."

Spike once mounted 20 pound notes inside separate glass fronted picture
frames with expensive guilt edges and posted them round the world to
various Presidents, Kings and Queens and the Pope. Under the pound note in
each frame was a beautifully hand written note which read, "IN CASE OF
BANKRUPTCY BREAK CLASS."

Spike's latest 'off the cuff' remark was made on TV last week. He was
involved in an interview with Harry Secome (another member of the original
goon show team). Harry, bless his heart, is getting over a bad stroke,
which was what the TV programme was about. Harry made the mistake of asking
Spike, "Well do I look any better mate? Spike replied, "You look bloody
marvelous to me, cos' I thought you'd been dead for the last five years."

Paul
stroke