fot

A Sad Note

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: A Sad Note
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:22:30 EST
I received a call letting me know that Al Freudenberg had lost his battle
with cancer yesterday.
Al was an early US TR 2 race/rally driver, and was involved as a racing
Triumph driver, and later owner, for many years.  I believe that he was the
first person to use the steel head gasket (from the factory TR low
compression kit) in competition.
Al was also the West Coast Factory Triumph ( later BL & JRT )parts manager
for many years.  During the considerable time that some at BL wished that I
was driving a current Triumph, Al always seemed to have the parts and advise
to keep our TR3 racing.  He volunteered to open the BL depot one Saturday
night so that I could get the parts to run the next day, although he was busy
with his racing Spitfire that weekend.  He helped an amazing number of Triumph
racers.  Al Freudenberg had the true FOT spirit.

Hardy Prentice