fot

Flags

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flags
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 21:11:51 +1100
A while back back, there was some discussion about the FOT "emblem".
Being a bit slow, I finally had a good look, and realised that the
"passing flag" appears to be a blue flag with a diagonal white stripe.
It finally dawned on me that, considering I've had that flag waved at me
more than once, I had never seen it with a stripe.  Referring back to my
local "bible", it appears that, in Australia, we have replaced it with a
pure blue flag.  Is this simply an economising effort taken up here in
the colonies, or is it used anywhere else?

I probably would never have noticed, but now that the FOT symbol is
proudly displayed on TR3A #29, someone actually asked me about it.