fot

Re: Cleaning motor blocks

To: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@top.monad.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning motor blocks
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:23:26 -0500
I am in the process of building a TR3/4 engine now, also.  My machinist put
the block in his parts washer which basically uses a strong soap and water.
This did not attack the aluminum plugs, but I drilled the oil galleys out
anyway to clean the passages better.  I found the oil galleys to have a 3/4
in. X 16 thread.  Not the most common thread, but it is the same as an AN-08
thread.  I was able to get an allen head plug from a local hydraulics
equipment supplier.