fot

TR 4A IRS FRAME still for sale

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR 4A IRS FRAME still for sale
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:57:17 -0800
I notified the group of a pristine IRS frame I had to sell for $500.00
last month, but many people were busy with the holidays and Y2K...  so
I'll let repeat it again... sorry if this is becoming annoying... but it
is a great frame and I'd like to keep it in the family, so to speak....

You may all recall that I have been selling off a restoration project
and a parts hoard of 20 years...  I will be getting back to putting
things on e-bay in the coming months...

I sold a tub to an eastern Triumph enthusiast that needed it for his
fine restoration project.   He had already restored his frame.

Subsequently, I have a virtually rust free* (*only surface rust) TR 4A
IRS frame that came off a Triumph that was dismantled and stored since
the early 80's.   The car was within the last 1000 or so TR 4A's made
and was a California car it's entire life span.

I kept it for my restoration project because of the lack of rust AND
because of the lack of contact with ground hazards... i.e. the box frame

is still a box... very clean... not badly dented and ripped apart like
some become after hitting rough terrain.

The only newsworthy damage that a cursory inspection reveals to me is
some sort of VERY minor front end accident that VERY mildly tweaked the
frame...
not even enough to require repair, but if someone were extremely picky
about their restoration, they might want to have it looked at.  (Believe

me, this is minor... I just like to be thorough!)  (You can see a little

imperfection at a joint in the box frame, on the front left area, that's

it!)

I will most likely put it on e-bay, but I thought I'd offer
it to the newsgroup first.   I am asking $500.00.   The frame is in
Burbank, California, so please keep in mind your potential shipping
costs and/or travel, etc.

If you are interested, please describe your restoration needs.  If there

are multiple requests, I will base it on need, over
first-come-first-serve.