fot

SU carb fuel flow

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: SU carb fuel flow
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:07:24 -0600
I'm interested in some input from the real experts -- Kas, Hardy, Jack,
etc --

Last year I switched from Strombergs, which wouldn't corner but which
made me run like stink down the front straights, to SU's, which
performed properly in corners but lost me several hundred rpm's down the
straights. My exhaust gas temps indicated that the car was running
leaner even though I was running very very skinny needles.

Some measurements I've made using a fuel flow measurement device
indicates that I can make the SU's flow the same amount of fuel as the
Storm's by enlarging the main jet tubes by a few thousandths.

I'm interested in your comments on this modification.

--

TR6 -- 29 years old
TR4 -- 39 years old