fot

Re: Frame color

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Frame color
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:21:10 +0000
This is a popular discussion point with the TRA people.  Their concours
judging guide states, "The chassis may be painted black or any body
colour contemporary with the production date of the car."

Note that it does not say that it is either black or the colour of the
car.  I've heard that they were randomly painted with whatever was lying
around during the early and mid-3A years, (but early TR2/3 and late 3As
and all 3Bs were black) and whatever body was coming along next got
attached.  Just repeating hearsay, my disc brake TR3 was black.

Brett Johnson