fot

Re: Frame color

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, N197TR4@cs.com, kaskas@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: Frame color
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:59:57 EST
Random event, of whatever was in the gun, sounds plausible. Obviously pretty
rare.

Enuff.

Joe

<< At the Portland,ME VTR conventionthis last summer, we encountered a frame
 >that was painted the same color as the bodywork...white. Never saw anything
 >like it before. Finally inquired, as Jack & I were judging...(the early
 >TR3s)....owner said he researched this thoroughly and got documentation to
 >support it...although we did not look at the documentation.
 >
 >Joe Alexander
 >
 ><< In all the new TR'3's that I have seen ( a lot) they were all a flat
 >black
 >  color. >>

     One of our CITOA members wrote an article about the colors TR
     used by the factory workers... He's correct... sometimes it WAS
     simply a matter of "what was in the gun... I'll look around to
     see if I can dig up his article and post it to the list.

 Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)