fot

Fwd: 15 X 7 Wheels

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: 15 X 7 Wheels
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:18:40 EST
--part1_9e.1d9dfa0.25f16a10_boundary

From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Full-name: WEmery7451
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:13:18 EST
Subject: 15 X 7 Wheels
To: ggrant@beta.tricity.wsu.edu

Glenn,

I am using the Panasport 15" x 7" rims on my TR-3 race car.  I discovered the
hard way that the offset was somewhere between 1/2" to 1" greater than my
widened out Triumph rims.  I therefore lost some track that I had with my
widen out steel Triumph rims.

I think the offset is 3 inches for the Triumph rims.  Lay down the rim and
measure it to be sure.  You also may run into clearance problems with the
upper ball joint.  I installed 3" Morosso studs in the hubs and stack a 1/2"
and 1/4 aluminum plates on each side, which eliminates clearance problems.

Bill Emery

--part1_9e.1d9dfa0.25f16a10_boundary--