fot

Re: TR4 Wheels

To: mjb@cs.utah.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Wheels
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:27:08 EST
In a message dated 3/3/00 9:58:39 AM Pacific Standard Time, mjb@cs.utah.edu
writes:

<< The first question is what sort of class rules apply?  In SCCA Prepared
 classes, wheel size is restricted.  In Street Prepared, wheel size is
 unlimited.  When I was running in DSP with The Rust Rocket, a TR4, and then
 later a solid TR4A, I was using some 15 x 8.5 wheels.  I believe the
backspace
 was either 3.75" or 4" can't remember offhand.  With that backspacing and
some
 low profile tires (Hoosier 225/45/15) I had no troubles with fender clearence
 on either car.  The tires did stick out from under the car a bit, though.

In SCCA racing, you are allowed 7" rims.  You either have to widen the
fenders or add flairs so that the tires do not stick out from under the car.