fot

Re: Fwd: TR4 Wheels

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: TR4 Wheels
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 05:28:00 PST
>From: ArthurK101@aol.com
>To: fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: Fwd: TR4 Wheels
>Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:03:02 EST
>>Subject: TR4 Wheels
>
>I'm looking for some advice on wheel fitment for my TR4.  What is the
>widest aftermarket wheel that typically shows up on a TR4 used for
>frequent autocrossing?  I am thinking of a Panasport or Panasport Light
>in a 15x7 to get the old minilite look.  Do you have any recommendations
>or knowledge of fitment problems with wheels this wide?  ...Ever seen a
>15x8, or does this width start to create problems with clearance or
>suspension geometry.
>     Do you know the factory wheel offset or backspacing?  I have wheel
>studs, not knockoffs.
>     Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
>Glenn Grant
>ggrant@beta.tricity.wsu.edu
>

>--part1_55.2d9b3d2.25f14a46_boundary--

      Mine are 15x6 Panasports... With 205/60 15 BFG Comp TA HR
      radials the edges of the tread are are still covered by
      fender... at the top.  The Panas have been on the car for about
      11 years. I've been really happy with them. I wouldn't
      recommend going to a 7" width though, you may have problems
      with the tires rubbing on the frame on tight turns (like trying
      to park or pulling a "u-ey".
      on the frame.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)