fot

Re: New: Roll Bars and suspension stiffening??

To: TRBILBO@aol.com
Subject: Re: New: Roll Bars and suspension stiffening??
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:02:41 -0500
Bill,

I had a long chat with SVRA about this issue. Basically I was told I could
add anything I wanted to the car that would improve safety. I specifically
asked about cowl hoops, intrusion bars, suspension stiffener stuff etc. The
response was something along the lines of "you do what ever you want to do
that increases safety, but remember all that bar stock adds weight."

OK, enough playing with email... Time to start up this engine!

At 09:39 PM 3/23/00 -0500, TRBILBO@aol.com wrote:
>Vintage "roll cages"....
>snip
>So in a round about way my question for the FOT'rs is....what do the various
>Central and Eastern Vintage org rule books say re: reinforcing suspension
>points with "cage" or ancillary "intrusion bars" and is it actually
>enforced?? And do any of them have anything to say re: body to frame
>attachment?? And do they care if belts and seat are mounted
>separately??.....and what is your opinion.

Henry Frye      thefryes@iconn.net
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/amici.html
For The Street - TR3B TR250 Stag
Not For The Street - TR4