fot

Re: Autopower roll bar tests - Summary

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Autopower roll bar tests - Summary
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:43:03 -0800
Absolutely no offense taken here...

It was his suggestion. I know he had done roll cages for the film industry,
etc.   It
was simply a food-for-thought suggestion from me...  in terms of safety and
regulations... ANYTHING one uses should be researched.

I do know this welder emphasized... HUGELY... that it had to be "WELDABLE"
chrome
molly... apparently there is similar material that is not... perhaps this is
where the
"welds must be stabilized" comes into play or something... I would not know.

Nevertheless... I offered the suggestion for what it was... a suggestion to
me...  and
I clarified his background... an experienced multi-licensed welder... that's
all.  An
engineer, he is not.   It was not offered as the end-all solution.

Definitely... one should do their homework before deciding on anything...   It's
simply something you could bring up, in discussion, with your fabricator...

--Justin