fot

Re: Pile-o-Parts...Plus driveline vibration inquiry

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pile-o-Parts...Plus driveline vibration inquiry
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:24:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/00 9:25:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time, N197TR4@cs.com
writes:

<< Of course, by process of elimination on the other items, we can hope
 vibration will disappear before he has to dig any deeper.

I developed a sudden vibration while practicing at Nelson Ledges years ago.
After several checks of the engine mounts, pulley, drive shaft, etc., I
gently went back out on the track.  The vibration suddenly cured itself when
the third gear stripped.

After washing out as many pieces of metal from the transmission as possible,
the race was run the next day without third gear.

Sometimes, a sudden vibration appears just prior to engine explosions -- my
experience unfortunately.