fot

Seats and sliders for TR's

To: <KHoward515@aol.com>
Subject: Seats and sliders for TR's
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:21:59 -0400
> PS: I'm picking up some TR6 seat parts on Monday from Chris Mills
> and hope to
> adapt them to the 4A so the passenger seat will recline.  That
> way Carole can
> tilt back and sleep on our May trip and you can doze off on our trip next
> fall.

Kent,

You may want to contact Brian Schlorff of PowerBritish
<britcars@powerbritish.com> about seats.  He had some really nice ones in
his TR4.  They were non-TR, but comfortable and good looking, although I
don't know if the passenger seat reclined or not.

He also clued me into a set of adjustable seat sliders ($26/seat) from
Summit racing, which have worked out very well in our car.  I angled the
sliders (by shimming) so that the seat now goes up (about 1.5 inches) as it
goes forward, a really nice benefit for my "altitude challenged" wife Susan.
She no longer needs a cushion to sit on when she drives the TR3, which, as
you can imagine, is a huge benefit on the AutoX course.  Also, she can
adjust the seat by herself now too, even while sitting on it.  Try that with
an OEM TR slider!   ;-)

Regards,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A