fot

Re: Book recommendation needed

To: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>,
Subject: Re: Book recommendation needed
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:00:26 -0400
Hi Jack,

At 12:42 PM 5/25/00 -0400, Jack Brooks wrote:
>The recent thread on camber has shown me just how weak my understanding of
>the concepts behind great handling really is.  Can anyone suggest a good
>book to help me get up to speed on handling, roll centers, etc.?

The first book that I'd suggest is Fred Puhn's book "How to make your
car handle" (or something like that).  Then there are the Carroll Smith books.
I like Alan Standiforth's book "Competition Car Suspension" (again, this is
close, but may not be exact).   Finally, if you want to get really technical
the Milliken's book titled something like "Vehicle Dynamics" is really
impressive - and I may even finish it some day...

Hope that helps,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu