fot

Re: Book recommendation needed

To: LANG@isis.mit.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Book recommendation needed
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:19:14 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/00 2:17:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
LANG@isis.mit.edu writes:

<< Plus all the other distractions - like WORK. >>

I can identify with this statement.  Now that I am retired, I can't
understand how I ever had time to go to work (for 38 years).  This week was
wasted with repairing some home breakage's.  Last weekend, I made the Sunday
part of the SCCA Cumberland National Race -- missing Saturday practice due to
last minute detected problems with the car.

The engine seemed strong in hardship practice.  Six laps into the race, it
shut down.  Today, after hosing some mud off the car, I hope to unload it
from the trailer and look at what wonderful things I did to the Tabor head,
Corillo rods, and Cosworth pistons.

The previous weekend, I helped my boy with his second drivers school at
Nelson Ledges.  He had successfully installed his new engine in his RX-7
Mazda in Williamsport without any of my help.  The car held up (with some
minor problems) and he now has a license to race.  His future race efforts
may be handicapped somewhat by his 6'-3" 250 lbm hulk (can't reverse his
football days).