fot

Mid-Ohio Trip! Whee!

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mid-Ohio Trip! Whee!
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:23:27 -0500
Hi all!

It looks like I will be able to make the Mid-Ohio event this year
(albeit just as a spectator)!!!  I have given my resignation at work and
have a couple of weeks before I start my new job (if it looks like I set
it up just right for this trip, I did :), so I and a friend will be
driving up for the event.  If I do it right, I may even be able to bring
one of my Spits for the car show and parade lap!  Whee!!

I need some help from you guys, though -- I may have a crew pass from
Joe, but I think my friend will need one as well.  I do not know what
the pass entails or what access it allows -- will he be able to do
without one or does someone have an un-needed one one he can use?  If
there is a cost for it I will be happy to cover it.  I just don't want
him to feel left out if I have access to stuff he can't get to.  Or is
the regular admission okay enough for him?  I was originally going to
come up solo, but his brother lives in Columbus so it will be a good
trip for him too.

I will be more than happy to be an extra pair of hands if someone needs
them, and while my friend Jeff doesn't know anything about Triumphs
(he'll be getting an education on the way up!), he is willing to lend a
hand or a back or whatever is needed.  We cheer real loud and take good
pictures, too!

We'll be tent camping and I have no idea how that is set up.  I will
hopefully be waiting in line Friday morning at 7 am for camping tickets,
but do I need to ask someone to hold a space for me in order to get a
decent spot?  Do racers get there earlier than Friday?  I will probably
have a car towing a Spit on a trailer, as well as need room for a large
tent.  What are good things to bring (other than the FOT shirt and list
decals... ;)?  (I noticed no bikes or mopeds, etc. in the brochure, darn
it.)

I hope all my questions don't stagger you -- I just don't know the
set-up there and would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks you so much!!!!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan  :)