fot

Harmonic Dampners

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Harmonic Dampners
From: BFEKENG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:58:49 EDT
Bill, You are indead right. We began to experiment with fluid filled harmonic
dampners about 1970 & tried a variety of designs, including one with a
circular
tube 97% filled with Mercury & designed along the lines of the unit in the
Duesenberg inline 8. It didnt work because it did not have a range sufficient
handle the big 4. We tried a unit from an MGB & it didnt work very well either
  About 10 years ago we began handling units from the UK that had at least
the correct range & they worked quite well. Now of course we use an updated
unit that came out just before Mike Belfer died. He & I had the opportunity to
talk over the design & its range. He was a very bright man & I miss him a
great
deal.

Ken G.