fot

vexing solid axle TR4A questions

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: vexing solid axle TR4A questions
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:05:25 -0700
I have mail from someone in the UK with a solid axle 4A and an
assembly problem. The body was sent out for respray and he's
put things back together but ... the diff nose is pointed
too far down and the shock arms are on the lower stop even
though the car is being supported by the axle on stands.

I've never played with a solid axle 4A, so I can't immediately help
him. My first thought is that he has somehow swapped the springs
around, or has the rear shackles mounted wrong. Did the solid 4A
have the shackles pointing down instead of up?

Other advice?

Thanks.