fot

More VTR

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: More VTR
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 01:37:57 -0600 (MDT)
I wonder how many folks might be running Killer in the autocross.  Perhaps
I should pack the old road race slicks along, to put some folks in a different
class, as well as have a backup for my autocross tires, if the fabric starts
to show.

Did some work on the alignment tonight.  Back in '97, when Pugs and I got
the chassis together, we sort of got most of the wheels heading in the
same general direction.  Tonight I fussed about with the string and jackstand
approach, and decided I'd been running over a quarter inch of toe in.  That
may help explain the odd wear on the edges of the front tires.  Maybe I didn't
need the smaller sway bar to help initial turnin.  Tomorrow I'll do some more
measurements, try to get a handle on the camber settings.

mjb.