fot

TR4 Front Hubs and Flywheels

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Front Hubs and Flywheels
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:36:34 -0400
Amici,

I'm on my way to the machine shop to get a bunch of front hubs magnifluxed
and do the "extend the rotor bolts into the hub face" mod.

Can someone tell me where the common place(s) is/are that these things
crack? I'd like to pass this wisdom along to the guy doing the crack checking.

Also, any words of wisdom on just how light a flywheel I can get away with
using stock bottom end components? After shearing the flywheel attachment
bolts at Mid-Ohio, I have to replace that too...

On the subject of flywheels, I just went through the parts stash and found
plenty of flywheels. I picked the cleanest one and discovered it only had
one hole for the crank dowel pin, while the others had holes for two crank
dowel pins. What gives? Is there a difference? I didn't find any '4A
flywheels unfortunately, so I will have to have this one drilled and pinned
for the diaphram clutch.

As always, thanks much.
Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net
Proud (???) Recipient of the FOT