fot

Re: TR4A plugs

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <jaboruch@netzero.net>, <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A plugs
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:53:45 -0700
If indeed those are "lead" balls or shiney balls, that is part of the piston
crown.  If it is just shiney but if you look close and see that it really is
black shiney, that is rubber from the track.  These two things look  almost
the same. Unfortunatly the silver balls mean you have some pretty heavy
detonation going on which can result in broken rings, broken pistons and
other bad stuff. The black balls mean that you've picked up some junk from
the track and " so what". Put on a tighter filter for the carbs.  What
happens in this deal is  when the pressure builds up on the squish area so
that the gas explodes ( not burns) the explosion takes out a tiny part of
the piston and this is transported across the combustion chamber by the
pressure wave of the explosion and deposited on the hot spark plug. When you
hear that "ping" sound, that is the echo of this pressure wave hitting the
opposite side of the camber.