fot

Re: Foot in Mouth Disease.

To: grand_wazoo@flinet.com
Subject: Re: Foot in Mouth Disease.
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 15:18:28 EDT
Dear Sandy:

Sleep tight tonight!

Clearly we, or at least some of us, have offended John Macartney and maybe
others.  That is unfortunate, and I have already sent him my apology.  I
certainly mean no disrespect.

I LOVE satire and parody, but I have learned that one of the problems with
the written word, is that the reader can't see a twinkle in the eye, or a sly
smirk.  If they could, in most cases many such offenses would be avoided.

In my opinion, Mr. Macartney's response was overkill.  Obviously an
indication of how deeply he was offended.  I feel bad about that, but I
intend to cut him some slack.  Each of us holds certain things sacred.  And
when those things are trashed, ...well, what is that old Law of Physics?  For
each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Sleep tight, Sandy.  I know you well, and you meant no serious disrespect.

Bill Dentinger