fot

Potential Triumph axle source

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Potential Triumph axle source
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:21:40 -0500
I spent some time this morning with a local machine / fabrication shop
that has a great deal of experience in narrowing axles for drag racers
and circle track racers. They can provide an axle modified for Triumph
TR4's and 3's. This is the most attractive conversion that I have found
to date.

Unless something better comes along, I'm going to purchase one.

The reason for this message is to ask if anyone else is interested in
one of these.

Here are the particulars:

Ford 8" axle
Housing and shafts narrowed
Bolt hole circle re-machined
New Auburn Positrac, installed
Spring perches moved
New ring and pinion installed, your choice of ratio
New diff bearings
New axle bearings
Drive shaft (yours) modified for Ford universal joint

Only thing not done for you is rebuild of the brakes

This is an experienced shop witha  fine reputation.

Price around $1500, you pay shipping.

I'd like to determine the general level of interest. Maybe I can get the
price down with a quantity purchase. Please respond off-list.

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 but no longer racing