fot

Axle solutions - confused ....

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Axle solutions - confused ....
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:07:58 EDT
FOTers

    I simply do not feel that I have enough information at this time to
commit $1500 or  more on an axle solution.

    Having a university as well as the expert at CAT look at these axles is a
good one. If this effort has not drawn a conclusion by October, I will be
able to send the bent one from the TR3A. at that time. At this point, I am
not sure that it is the same type of axel failure that is leading to
roll-overs. (As confesed earlier, I getting to know the corner workers).

    One observation, there seems to be alot of individual initiatives being
taken. Wondering if we could not make greater progress if there was more of a
group effort to first identify all alternatives, crticially review the
alternatives, followed by a coordinate effort to explore those that seem
feasible.

    Can some explain to me what the relative advantages/disadvantages are to
the Corvair, Ford and other conversions? Do I understand correctly that the
Corvair conversion has been used succesfully for along time? So why is it
that we are looking at Ford and other alternatives? Has any body heard from
Kas about this ?

Cary