fot

Re: Vara Race

To: JandJalford@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vara Race
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:45:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/00 7:22:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
JandJalford@aol.com writes:

<<
 I received a call from Neil Rupp last night & it looks like Anaheim will not
 happen! Neil checked out Holtville & said it available for the same weekend.
 The track is in poor condition (just over 1 mile) it will be over 100
 degrees, a 3 hour tow & no rest rooms! He asked me to check with the Triumph
 guys to see if anyone would be interested, he is going to try to get the
 board to OK this. If not he wants to rent the track & who ever wants to can
 run. I told him I was sure some of is would show up, with this being farm
 country & your TR4 history!  let me know    Jerry

Jerry, this is some sad news!  I've never been to Holtville but my mentor
used to go there often with his Spit.  All I ever heard was how rough it is
and that it would shake out any loose bolts.  I suppose I'd go if there was a
turnout.  I'll keep in touch with Paul and see what develops.  Bye Steve