fot

Aluminum rad for Spit

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Aluminum rad for Spit
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:10:21 EDT
--part1_4c.95d3ddc.26d2bc7d_boundary

In a message dated 8/21/00 12:09:27 PM Central Daylight Time, N197TR4 writes:

<< Would this radiator fit/work in my early TR4? TR4 #197 now sports the
stock early TR4 radiator and has done well over the past 8 years, but now
with new cam....

 Joe Alexander >>

--part1_4c.95d3ddc.26d2bc7d_boundary

From: N197TR4@cs.com
Full-name: N197TR4
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:09:27 EDT
Subject: Re: Aluminum rad for Spit
To: spitlist@gte.net

<< Bob Lang wrote:

 > On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Joe Curry wrote:
 >
 > > Steve,
 > > If I had not just spent the 300 bucks to have the Stock radiator
recored, I'd jump at your offer.  I have the stock Mk1 header tank
 > > already on the engine so that part wouldn't matter.
 > >
 > > Oh well that's just my usual luck!
 > >
 > > Joe
 >
 > Joe - this is the voice of your conscinece, baby. We've been watching
 > your progress since you've been taking the shots...
 >
 > errr... think spares. You _need_ this part. Aluminium radiator - lighter
 > than copper, better wieght balance, better cooling... what more could you
 > ask for???

 Bob,
 All good points!  But I wonder if it would be a wise thing to further lighen
the front.   I already cut a full coil off the springs and
 the car still seems to sit too high in front.  Maybe I need to soften the
SPAX shocks to make it settle down a bit.  Of course, in
 saying this, I have geared myself for a message from Ted S. about those
expensive Carrera Shocks and height adjustment kits!  :)

 Joe

--part1_4c.95d3ddc.26d2bc7d_boundary--