fot

Re: Duryea hillclimb

To: Rikrock@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Duryea hillclimb
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:06:38 EDT
In a message dated 8/22/00 9:34:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Rikrock@aol.com
writes:

<< It is the same place, Bill, and it IS wild.  12 turns, a couple nice
straight
 aways....

 This was the 50th anniversary of the Duryea Hillclimb.  Perfect weather, 86
 cars registered---everything from a snowmobile-engined special to a GT-1
 Corvette which crossed the finish line approaching 140mph on his FTD run.

Thanks for the response, Rick.  I will have to forward all these messages to
my boy in Williamsport, Pa.  He has recently ran a couple of hillclimbs --  I
think in Hershey.  Maybe he would like to try this one.