fot

RE: Duryea hillclimb

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Duryea hillclimb
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:29:51 -0700
I've driven both, a lot, and I love Formula Ford (or for that matter, club
Ford). It's certainly cheap racing, and very competitive. The cars are fun,
beautifully balanced, and there's something about seeing your wheels that
makes you a better driver. But the injury rate is really bad, especially at
the back of the pack. I'm getting ready to buy a sports racer--an
Ultimate--to race in d-mod. Motorcycle engine, great frame and suspension,
very competitive, and it doesn't try to kill you every time you drive it.

I will, or course, keep driving vintage cars and running Peyote at every
opportunity--I just want some more track time.

Open wheel cars are great when you're by yourself, but the first time you
get wadded up in a pack, I guarantee, you'll be wondering what the ----
you're doing there.